MASTERCARD SCHOLARSHIP AT ASHESI UNIVERSITY
Deadline: 29 July 2021
Ashesi is recognized as one of the finest universities in Africa, with an educational experience proven to successfully prepare students for rewarding lives and careers. Nearly 100% of Ashesi's graduates receive job offers, start businesses or enter graduate school within six months of graduation. With an academic program designed in collaboration with some of the world's best universities and organizations, Ashesi has created an educational model unlike any other in Africa.
At the heart of the Ashesi Education is a multidisciplinary core curriculum that develops critical thinking, creative problem solving, ethical reasoning, and effective communication skills. The combination of the core curriculum and a rigorous preparation in a major field of study prepares students to thrive and to lead in a rapidly changing world.
Ashesi was ranked first in Ghana, ninth in Africa, and among the world's top 400, in the 2020 Global Times Higher Education (THE) University Impact Rankings. The Impact Rankings measure the actions taken by higher education institutions to realize the United Nations' 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) around the world, and contributions to the world's economic and social well-being.
ASHESI ACCREDITATION & MEMBERSHIPS
• Accredited by Ghana National Accreditation Board
• Charter: Presidency of the Republic of Ghana
• Member: Association of Commonwealth Universities
• Member: Global Business School Network
• Ranking: Times Higher Education
● BSc Business Administration
● BSc Management Information Systems
● BSc Computer Science
● BSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering
● BSc Computer Engineering
● BSc Mechanical Engineering
1. Completed application form, including personal essays.
2. High School transcripts or report cards for at least six terms.
3. Six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required together with at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)
In addition to meeting the standard admissions requirements, applications from international students must meet the following requirements:
● Certified Translation: Transcripts or other supporting documents submitted by international applicants in a language other than English must be translated and certified as copies of the original document(s).
● Evidence of English Language proficiency: International students for who English was not a language of instruction during high school, must submit evidence of English language proficiency, including but not limited to the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Students applying for engineering programs must also meet the following requirements:
● A-Level: Three A-Level passes (A-D) including Mathematics and Physics, and six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required for admission to Ashesi. A grade of D or better in Further Mathematics instead of Mathematics is also acceptable for entry as a prospective engineering major.
Starting in 2018, Ashesi accepts applications from students who are interested in transferring to Ashesi from other universities. Transfer student applications will be processed on a case-by-case basis by admissions offices and academic departments, and students who are admitted may be eligible to have one year of study waived at Ashesi. In order to secure admission, candidates looking to transfer must provide official transcripts from each college or university attended. It is your responsibility to ensure that Ashesi has received an official transcript from each institution attended in order to complete your application.
The decision to make an offer of admission is done independently of scholarship decisions, and students may sometimes be informed that they have been admitted but do not qualify for scholarship support. Do note however, that both the admissions and scholarships awards are highly competitive.
Applicants who qualify to enter Ashesi, and applied for scholarships, are evaluated on the basis of their financial need. Based on the proven financial need, applicants are placed into one of four categories: Extreme Need, High Need, Medium Need or Low Need. For each category of aid, there is a set amount of funding Ashesi can award, or a set amount of named scholarships assigned. Students in each category are then ranked based on the strength of their admissions application; funding is awarded to students in each category based on this ranking, until the allocated funds run out for the admissions period.
Students who receive scholarships at Ashesi typically demonstrate that they would be:
● Able to successfully complete academic work at Ashesi.
● Otherwise unable to afford to attend Ashesi.
● Active contributors to campus life and culture.
● Committed to giving back to their communities, and showing strong leadership potential.
Scholarship cover varies, based on demonstrated need. Ashesi's scholarships can cover a part of tuition fees, or at the entire cost of studying at Ashesi. Some categories of scholarships cover not only the full tuition, but also cover housing, meals on campus, learning materials, and support for basic living expenses. Applicants who are awarded scholarships will be informed of the conditions of their scholarship, in their admissions package.